Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Canadian Mental Health Association, Haliburton, Kawartha Pine Ridge. We have a number of opportunities that may be available from time to time, please see below. We also need volunteers from time to time for community events. Please download the volunteer application form here and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on these opportunities. We also invite applications to our Lived Expertise Advisory Panel for individuals and their families who have had personal experience with mental illness. Please follow the instructions provided for application.
If you are a student looking for placement as part of your school curriculum, please see our Students | CMHA – Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge page. We have limited opportunities for students seeking to complete their 100 hours of volunteer work as most of our volunteer opportunities are intended for adults, due to the vulnerable nature of many of our clients. However, we do provide opportunities for students from time to time at various events, which may help you complete a portion of your hours.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
Interlink Choir Volunteers
Interlink is an intergenerational program which brings together children and volunteers through celebration of words and music.
The exchange of pen pal letters and formation of an intergenerational choir help to build warm and meaningful relationships that are so essential for mental wellness.
Click here for more information about this opportunity.
Or email email@example.com
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a representative for CMHA HKPR at Delta Bingo during our scheduled fundraising bingos (generally first two Monday’s mornings of the month at 10:15am – 12:30pm and occasionally late night Sundays from 11:00 pm to 12:30 am)
- Meeting and greeting guests on behalf of CMHA HKPR
- Keeping tables clean, assisting customer service representatives in serving guests, calling back numbers if Bingo is called and thanking guest as they leave
- Good people skills and enjoys working as a team member
- Able to stand and walk quickly for 2-3 hours
- CMHA HKPR Health & Safety Training
- Must attend a scheduled Delta Bingo Training session
- A CPIC is required and all volunteers will be reimbursed for cost
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org