The Canadian Mental Health Association Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge (CMHA HKPR) along with Bell, invite you to take action and join the nationwide conversation about mental health on Bell Let’s Talk Day. Next Wednesday, January 26th, talk, text, or tweet to help change the narrative surrounding mental illness and help grow Bell’s year round funding towards Canadian mental health initiatives.
The theme of this year’s Bell Let’s Talk Day is “Keep Talking, Keep Listening,” and Bell is encouraging Canadians and people worldwide to keep listening, keep talking and keep being there for ourselves and each other, now more than ever.
CMHAs across Ontario have teamed up to bring you a virtual roundtable event for Bell Let’s Talk Day! Join us on January 26th and learn from mental health experts and individuals with lived-experience. There will be a morning panel discussion from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. as well as an evening panel discussion from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. Register at: https://bit.ly/CMHABellLetsTalk.
Bell offers their Five Simple Ways to help fight the stigma surrounding mental illness:
1. Language matters – pay attention to the words you use.
2. Educate yourself – learn, know and talk more – understand the signs when someone needs help. Consider education offered through CMHA HKPR, including corporate and workplace mental health education as well as certificate training such as Mental Health First Aid and Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST).
3. Be kind – small acts of kindness to someone struggling can help a lot.
4. Listen and ask – sometimes it is best to just listen.
5. Talk about it – start a dialogue, break the silence!
Bell continues to invest in our communities’ mental health programs, having raised over 15 million dollars, supporting over 1000 organizations across Canada! Locally, CMHA HKPR has been a multiple beneficiary of Bell’s community grants.
Join the conversation on January 26th! Bell will donate 5¢ to mental health initiatives in Canada for every applicable text, call, tweet or TikTok video using #BellLetsTalk, social media video view and use of the Facebook frame or Snapchat lens. Learn more about how you can join the conversation at https://letstalk.bell.ca/en/bell-lets-talk-day.
If you or a loved one are struggling, check out Bell’s ‘Get Help,’ page for a list of mental health supports near you at https://letstalk.bell.ca/en/get-help.
If you require immediate support, call CMHA HKPR’s Four County Crisis line for 24/7, free, professional crisis support at 705-745-6484 or toll-free at 1-866-995-9933.
– 30 –
Communications Specialist, CMHA HKPR
email@example.com or 905-706-0511