You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Cody Crowley Honoured As “Champion of Mental Health” at CMHA HKPR 2023 Annual Meeting
Sep 22, 2023
The Canadian Mental Health Association Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge (CMHA HKPR) is delighted to announce that professional boxer Cody Crowley has been recognized as the co-recipient of the “Champion of Mental Health Award” at the 2023 Annual Meeting, which took place on September 20th. Crowley shares this honour with co-winner Kristi MacMillan.
Crowley has been an active advocate for mental health, launching a campaign in memory of his father, which raised close to $55,000 for suicide awareness and youth mental health. His dedication to changing the narrative around mental health is exemplary and aligns with CMHA HKPR’s mission of fostering knowledge, hope, and belonging for mental health for all.
This year’s Annual Meeting, held at the Peterborough Golf and Country Club celebrated the organization’s growth and success over the past year. Other award winners include:
- Kristi MacMillan, co-winner of the Champion of Mental Health Award
- Wanda Findlay, recipient of the Exemplary Values through Direct Service Staff Award
- Tracy Graham, honored with the Administrative Service Staff Award
- Miles Leech, who received the Achievement Through Adversity Award
- Sherryl and Matt Wyatt, winners of the Caregiver Champion Award for Family Members
- Johnathan Hauser, presented with the Maurice Lovnes Volunteer Award
- Impact Recovery and Century Theatre, recipients of the Naresh James Champion of Mental Health Award
CMHA HKPR has been a pillar in the community for mental health support and advocacy for decades. This meeting celebrated the development and achievements of the organization over the last year and included a live performance from The Reachers.
For more information about the CMHA HKPR 2023 Annual Meeting and the awards, please visit the CMHA HKPR website at www.cmhahkpr.ca and check out our Annual Report at https://cmhahkpr.ca/about-us/annual-reports/.