Trans Peer Outreach’s one-on-one programming might be for you if you want…
- Support with achieving specific goal(s) related to your gender identity
- An advocate to assist with accessing gender affirming healthcare and other helpful resources
- Development of wellness tools & strategies to address challenges related to your gender identity and mental health
Trans Peer Outreach’s group programming might be for you if you want…
- Educational information on a variety of trans-related topics for folks with lived-experience
- Gender diversity, exploring your gender, gender euphoria and dysphoria
- Coming out, names, and pronouns
- How to navigate gendered spaces, transphobia, and your legal rights as a transgender person in Ontario
- Intimacy, relationships, and boundaries
- Accessing gender affirming healthcare
- Community building
- To socialize with other trans/non-binary/gender questioning folks and find community connections
In order to be able to participate in Trans Peer Outreach programming, you must be 16 years or older and identify as trans/non-binary or are questioning your gender.
The Trans Peer Outreach program offers no cost supports and services for transgender and gender diverse people, to assist them to improve the quality of their lives through the provision of community-based, client centred care that supports positive interdependence.
Services are delivered by people with lived-experience as a transgender or gender-diverse person, and who may also have experience living with a mental health concern. Trans Peer Outreach services are founded upon the principle that peers can better understand, relate to and support individuals with similar experiences, related to the health and well-being of people within this population, and are in a unique position to offer assistance.
Please feel free to contact us by phone or email should you have any questions about programming. All programming is provided at no cost to participants.
Telephone: 705-748-6711 extension 2100
Please note that the current waiting time for Trans Peer Outreach services is up to six months. If you require immediate assistance, please reach out to the following resources:
- Trans LifeLine: 1-877-330-6366 or translifeline.org
- LGBT Youthline: 1-800-268-9688 (phone services) or 647-694-4275 (texting services) or youthline.ca (online chat services)
- Four County Crisis: 705-745-6484 or toll-free at 1-866-687-9688
Note: If you have a concern, please see our Complaints and Concerns page or contact the program manager, Christine Crough.