You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Virtual Mental Health First Aid (M.F.H.A.)
Mental Health First Aid (M.H.F.A.) is the support provided to a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis.
Course participants will learn how to recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis and encourage that person to:
• Talk about declines in their mental well-being
• Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
• Reach out to these supports
• Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
• Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
Module 1: Self-Directed
• Introduction to the course
• Introduction to MHFA actions
Module 2: Virtual Classroom
• Practice applying MHFA actions to situations of declining mental well-being
• Guidelines for MHFA conversations with people from diverse cultures and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community
Module 3: Virtual Classroom
• Discussion on using MHFA actions for self-care
• Practice using MHFA actions in crisis situations
The cost for this workshop is $179 per person*
Closed sessions available at reduced rates. Contact for details.
For information on this program, contact Jack Veitch: 705-748-6687 extension 1015, or email@example.com.
*Prices subject to change