We are proud to present Pathway to a Successful Future: Strategic Plan 2017-2020.
Please click the link above to view the strategic plan document.
C.M.H.A. H.K.P.R. undertook a strategic planning project in 2016-2017 to review and revitalize our previous agency strategic plan, which was developed in 2013, and to create a strategic backdrop to inform our operations and decision-making. Our strategic planning activities included:
• In the spring of 2016, the C.E.O. and the Board established project terms of reference and selected an external planning consultant to help facilitate the process.
• An environmental scanning phase was carried out over the summer and fall of 2016. This involved a document review, a Board and management survey, interviews with external stakeholders, discussions with the management team, and a staff survey.
• In late October 2016, members of the Board and management team attended a six-hour strategy session. They reviewed the information from the environmental scan and developed preliminary versions of the mission, vision, values, and strategic goals.
• There was a further consultation process, which included a widely distributed discussion paper and focus group sessions with staff and clients.
• The management team met again in January 2017 to finalize the mission, vision, and values and develop high level strategic focus statements.
• In the spring of 2017, the management team finalized and completed an implementation model and action plan with indicators and data collection methods. The Board of Directors received the new Strategic Plan for final approval in July of 2017.
The resulting strategic plan, Pathway to a Successful Future: Strategic Plan 2017-2020 outlines three identified strategic priorities and applies eight strategic objectives to enhance our everyday service delivery to our clients.