Peer Outreach Workers are trained mental health professionals whose perspectives are enhanced by their lived experience with mental health concerns. Peer staff inspire hope and demonstrate the possibility of recovery.
“Recovery is an ongoing journey that starts with hope, optimism and the fundamental belief that recovery is possible. Every pathway to recovery is unique, marked by achievements and setbacks, that leads to self-determination and an improved quality of life.” – Olivia Chessman (Peer Outreach)
- Your voice and the knowledge that comes from your lived experience
- Empowerment and advocacy
- Self-determination and equality
- Supports are self-directed, person-centred and recovery focused
- Everyone has the innate desire to enhance their quality of life
- Your mental health concern does not define you
- Recovery is possible
Learn more about our Peterborough Wellness and Recovery Activities and view or download current and previous calendars.
Learn more about our Bobcaygeon and Omemee Wellness Outreach Groups and view or download current and previous calendars.