Join us this Mental Health Week, May 7 to 13, 2018 in protecting, celebrating and promoting mental health for all!
- We offer a wide range of free programs and services for people 16 years and older (except our Lynx program, which starts at 14 year old) experiencing mental health concerns. Check out our programs and services page to find out more. The first point of contact is through intake at 705-748-6711 or 1-866-990-9956
- If you’re experiencing mild to moderate depression and/or anxiety, C.M.H.A. Ontario is offering a free program called BounceBack®. You work with a mental health coach over the phone, so you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your own home!
- Create your own Wellness Toolbox
- Find enjoyable ways to build resilience
- Take stock of where you’re at with C.M.H.A. National’s Mental Health Meter. Awareness is the first step to understanding the choices we have and to help us develop targeted strategies to improve our mental health.
- Join one of our Wellness Recovery Action Plan (W.R.A.P.) groups…you can read more about it in this blog post
- If you’re in crisis, call Four Country Crisis, 705-745-6484 or toll-free 1-866-995-9933. By phoning these numbers, you can access 24-hour, free, confidential crisis support
- If you are a friend, family member or caregiver of someone experiencing a mental health concern, there is support for you too. Contact our Journeying Together program today!
- Wear your green ribbon proudly! Get your green ribbon at the following locations or by contacting us directly at 705-748-6687
- May 4. Lindsay Square. 2 – 5pm
- May 4. Gilmers Home Hardware, Port Hope. 4 – 7pm
- May 5. Lansdowne Place. 9:30am – 6pm
- May 5. Fontaine Source for Sports. 1 – 4pm
- May 7. Corus Corner (King and George). 8 – 9:45am
- May 9. Peterborough Square. 11am – 2pm
- May 11. Nexicom BBQ. 5 King St E, Millbrook. 12 – 2pm
- May 12. Leon’s Bike-a-Thon. 11am – 3pm
- May 7-12: Merrett Home Hardware at the checkout all week
- May 7-12: Brant Basics at the checkout all week
- Join or organize a team for our Ride Don’t Hide event on June 24th 2018, supporting C.M.H.A. H.K.P.R.’s Four County Crisis Safe Beds Program
- If you’re a golfer, join us for our 13th Annual Healthy Mind, Healthy Life Golf Tournament, presented by Kevan and Roberta Herod of Herod Financial Services on June 15th 2018
- Share your mental health story with others
- Like us on Facebook and Twitter and share our events and messages with your friends and family
- Educate yourself so that you can educate others about mental health and mental illness and to help reduce the stigma.
- We offer a variety of presentations, workshops and certificate courses on topics such as Mental Health 101, suicide awareness, stress management, self-care for caregivers, Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Trainins (ASIST), and Mental Health First Aide, among others. Contact us to book a session with one of our Educators today!
- Read and share our blog!
Mental Health Week is just one week of the year, but our mental health matters every single day. Let’s work together to make Mental Health For All a reality. Thank you for your support.